Do you dread packing for a trip or do you consider it part of the fun? While I am not naturally a planner or nearly as organized as I should be in most areas of my life, when it comes to packing for travel, I turn into a 5-star general, and I love it! There are schedules, strategy, and even scales involved. It’s the one time that my level of planning rivals that of my sister Amanda. So with the two of us about to hit the high seas on a girls’ trip Carnival cruise adventure our daily text-a-thons have turned to the subject of packing. We are so – completely – excited to share our “essentials” list for a proper getaway to a warmer climate this Winter. Join us, will you?
1. A proper hat. Jacinda says: A packable straw hat not only blocks the sun but keeps fly-about hair under control and adds a bit of 1920′s seaside style to your cruise wardrobe.
2. Your favorite sunglasses. Jacinda says: They don’t have to be fancy, they just have to be comfortable, unscratched, and fabulous. I recently splurged on aviators in my prescription and I don’t know how I lived without them.
3. Bohemian maxi dress. Amanda Says: You can take a maxi dress from day to night with a chic bohemian flare.
4. Some nautical flair. Jacinda says: Where better to get your preppy nautical fix than out to sea? This boat neck T works with everything from a swimsuit to dressy evening pants.
5. Jorts of sorts. Jacinda says: My love of jorts, or jean shorts, has become a bit legendary among my family and friends. Perhaps I abuse this casual standby but they are my go-to when I don’t want to think too hard about what to wear with almost any top. And I definitely don’t want to think too hard on this trip.
Read on for all of our packing picks for a tropical getaway… (more…)